Every single person has struggled, or continually struggles, with keeping and maintaining a clean and clutter-free home. Whether you consider yourself a hoarder who can never let go of any belongings, or you simply just don’t have the time to sift through your things and declutter, it’s a constant struggle to keep a home organized. It’s important to have storage solutions within your home where you can put away belongings that you decide to keep, but as you acquire more things you will need to commit some time to decluttering. Here are some foolproof ways to help you keep the clutter at bay and eliminate the things that you no longer need:
- Many items hold sentimental value, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you absolutely need to keep them. You also shouldn’t feel guilty for trashing or donating an item that has sentimental value. One way to maintain the treasure of an item you no longer need is to take a picture and display it in an album, this way you keep the memory but you don’t need to take up valuable storage space for something you are never going to use or look at.
- One way to easily declutter is to keep a giveaway, or donations box around at all times. Whenever you come across something that you no longer want you can easily put it into the donation box and once it’s full just drop it off at a donation center. This is much easier than dedicating a whole weekend to decluttering and ending up with multiple boxes and bags of donation items.
- Did you ever think that you could make a profit off of your old things? Think about how many people hold garage sales – whenever you accumulate a good amount of items to give away see if you can sell any of them to make a profit.
- Lay off on the shopping! Many of the purchases that we make on a regular basis are probably impulse buys, upgrading our existing stuff to the latest and greatest and other unnecessary items that we wanted in the moment. As enjoyable as retail therapy may be, sometimes it’s best to curb the desire to shop so you don’t end up with more stuff.
- Try to remove an old item for every new item that you bring into your home. For every new decorative item that you purchase, get rid of one that you’ve outgrown. For every new item of clothing that you fall in love with, donate something that you haven’t worn in a long time.
Once you’ve taken the time to declutter and make space in your home, explore our furniture solutions online, or in one of our showrooms for additional storage space. Incorporating beautiful furniture into your home that also offers storage solutions is a great way to keep your home fresh, clean and decluttered. Here are some ideas to decrease household clutter with these storage pieces:
- Craftsman Media Unit: This stunning media unit, available in a multitude of colors, including Antique Blue, Antique Cream, Antique Jade and Antique Black, can add so much style and character to your living space. It’s perfect for displaying your impressive entertainment and media system, showing off your treasures and décor items, or storing away prized or expensive possessions like dishware, crystal and more.
- Painted Canyon Accent Chest: This nine-drawer chest features varied finish tones on the drawer fronts and an overall distressed look that will look incredible in your home. Not only is this piece extremely functional, but it is a solid selection that will provide a wonderful solution to any clutter that you may need to hide. This accent chest is ideal for storing away little items like coasters, remote controls, pens and pencils and more.
- Storage Ottoman: There’s nothing better than a beautiful piece of furniture that doubles as storage. Our storage ottoman provides shoe storage along the inside, and also features self-supporting hinges that allow the top to stay open on its own. This piece would be a perfect addition to a foyer or grand entrance.
- Reagan Storage Ottoman: Our Reagan line is designed with comfort in mind. This beautiful ottoman features plump and soothing backrest pillows, firm seating with plush cushions and solid wood framing. Not only will this piece bring a relaxing and fresh elegance into your home, but it also offers additional storage space where you can hide any additional clutter.
- Prairie View Entertainment Console: Although many people opt to hang their large TVs directly on the wall, an aesthetically pleasing entertainment center is still very popular and a great way to store away additional media without adding clutter to your home.
For more options, explore our website!